Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2009 All Candy Expo

Every year in May, the National Confectioners Association (NCA) has its All Candy Expo at McCormich Place. I am lucky enough to have this international event right here in the Glen Ellyn Sweet Shoppe's backyard. It is the industries main showcase for new products and concepts. While the Sweet Shop specializes in retro candy, the kids in Glen Ellyn know that their neighborhood candy store is where to find what's new. So not to disappoint, I head out to the All Candy Expo every year and sample way too much candy. I also bring back a load of samples to the store...hint....this is a good time to stop by, since I let give away these samples to my customers to get their opinions. So check back here in late May and I will give you the lowdown on what sort of sour, gooey, neon delight will soon be flying off the shelves. Some highlights from the 2008 show included...Gummi Lightning Bugs that really light up (very cool), the Pop Rocks Chocolate Bar (noisy, and kinda makes you drool), Skittles Crazy Cores (not very innovative, but they are awesome)

No comments:

Post a Comment